Saturday, January 19, 2008

Emmy's getting bigger!


You compare! Above is Emmy on her first day home, and below is her today. And no, Bill didn't shrink!




So many people have been commenting on how big Emmy is getting and I guess I haven't realized it as much as I see her everyday. Yesterday, we took Emmy for her monthly check-up and shots. She weighed in at 26.1 lbs! Yep, she's getting a lot bigger, considering she weighed 11.5 when she arrived at PAWS on Nov. 26th! She is doing very well and the vet gave her a very clean bill of health!

Thursday, Bill returned home from his trip to Israel and Emmy and I went to meet him at Grand Rapids airport. This was Emmy's first trip to the airport and she did really well. There were a LOT of people at the airport, but she stayed pretty focused on me. She definitely was a main attraction though. I think just about every child in the airport started shouting at their parents, "LOOK A PUPPY!!!"...and many adults went "awwwww...look at the puppy!". Emmy the superstar didn't seem to mind. She stayed pretty focused on me the whole time...so much so that Bill was able to come up right behind her before she ever picked him out of the crowd! I was very impressed at her calm nature, as this was probably the adventure that put her around the most amount of people...with lots of bustling activity.

She certainly seems happy to have Bill home, but I can already see how the time with just the two of us was helpful in establishing me as another alpha in the family. Before Bill left, she would rarely come to me when called, if Bill was around. Now she can easily decern the difference between us and responds to be as consitantly as she does to Bill. YAY! Now we're just trying to get back into a normal routine as a family.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow and mature. It is so fun to hear about her adventures and watch her grow. Thanks. You are doing a great job.
Marianne

Anonymous said...

She's the same color as her 1/2 brother Ollie! She's really cute - I love checking in and seeing what she's up to. Thanks
Julie and Ollie (Mr. Blue O litter)

Emily said...

She is so cute, and is getting very big! They grow up way too fast :)