Friday, January 11, 2008

Bring your...dog...to work day?

This afternoon, Emmy accompanied me to work. This was the first time she had been there in cape for the full time and in "work" mode plus this was the longest she had been there (4 hours). Her other visits had been shorter and at times when she could just wander around my office. But today we gave this a try instead and Emmy was WONDERFUL! She actually seemed to take her cape wearing duties quite seriously. She was very good about staying down by my feet while I was sitting at my desk, and was very willing to stay by my side as I walked around the office building for various things. She made quite the impression! I'm excited that this went well and look forward to being able to bring Emmy to work in that capacity much more in the future! Plus, it's even better because she's pretty tired tonight because of it! YAY!!!

Other than that, the two of us are doing pretty well. Emmy has been a trooper about having to be in her crate more being I am I work and Bill isn't here to take her out more frequently. I think we're both excited that it's the weekend and we'll be able to relax together for the next few days. Then we're in the home stretch until Bill comes home Thursday night. As of right now we're planning on meeting him at the airport, so that will be a fun new socialization event for Emmy too!

(P.S.- Sorry we don't have any pictures right now. Bill has the family camera in Israel with him!)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Glad she was good girl, keep up the good work.

Coreena said...

YAY Emmy! Good girl! I hope all is well with Amy and Emmy! Sending puppy kisses and tail wags from Oregon!